The CML Project is designed to contribute to the reduction of poverty in 24 poor municipalities (10 in Mindanao) by ensuring that people’s agenda are integrated in local development plans and local poverty reduction action plans. It aims to monitor performance of local governments in terms of service delivery, particularly in health and agriculture and fisheries. The program endeavors to increase capacity of local CSOs in constructively engaging government line agencies and local government units in planning, budgeting, and monitoring.
Implementation Period: September 21, 2012 to September 21, 2016
Area/Locality of Implementation:
- Municipalities of Govenor Generoso, San Isidro, Banaybanay and City of Mati in Davao Oriental
- Municipalities of Tagbina, Barobo and Tago in Surigao del Sur
- Municipalities of La Paz, San Luis and Prosperidad in Agusan del Sur
Key accomplishments to date:
- Commitments from LGUs were drawn after presenting the results of the citizens satisfaction report card (CSRC) survey which assessed LGUs’ performance in service delivery
- Formed and strengthened municipal CSO networks in 10 municipalities in Mindanao. These CSO networks take active part in local poverty reduction action planning as well as monitoring of GPB projects.
- Local poverty reduction and development agenda (LPRDA) were formulated and lobbied for inclusion in local poverty reduction action plans (LPRAPs)